Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Oh, What Fun!

While I love new supplies, seeing what comes out each season, I still love using favorite supplies that I have tucked away for something special or just haven't had a chance to use.  Over the last few days I have had the chance to create just for fun and use much loved scrappy goodies.  


This project has been half finished on my desk for over a month.  I found this old picture frame a while ago and knew I wanted to use it for my wall of layouts.  Thinking I would paint it black, I sanded it then tucked it away.  

To create the layout I started with a piece of recycled cardboard.  I attached Claudine Hellmuth Sticky Back Canvas to the cardboard for the backround.  The papers and embellishments are from Echo Park "For the Record."  

The photo is not one of my own.  When Kass was pregnant she had a sitting with my friend, Elizabeth of Elizabeth Beaudoin Photography.  Elizabeth is an amazing photographer, she specializes in black & white photos.  She was kind enough to take some photos of Kass with Lily. She was also kind enough to give me permission to use the photos in my scrapping endeavors.  If you are in the Southern Maine area and in need of a photographer with a wonderful eye, Elizabeth is my recommendation.  


This card is chocked full of summer.  Oh, how I long for summer!  I created this card based on this week's sketch at Mojo Mondays.  To create the base of this card I used Tim Holtz Core'dinations Cardstock and embossed it with Couture Creations "Replacements" folder.  The patterned papers and tag are from Webster's Pages. 


I love the bright colors of the Lily Bee Design's "Happily Lost" line!  These patterned papers and sticker embellishments were perfect for Daring Cardmaker's Spots & Stripes Challenge.   I used PaperTrey Ink cardstock for the base of the card.  This cardstock is great for cardmaking and stamping. Definitely a fave of mine.  I embossed the patterned paper with the Couture Creation's "Heavy Duty" embossing folder.  

I am hoping to have more time to create just for fun this week!  

1 comment:

Oscar said...

Such a fun and vibrant card. Thanks for sharing with us at The Daring Cardmakers this week!