Thursday, September 2, 2010

Di-strezz It All!

Today was a day that a little scrappy stress relief was in order. After I finished work, I whipped up a card and a layout. Both items got lots of attention from my Distrezz-It-All.  It works wonders on paper & my mood!

Using Amy's September Sketch Inspiration at ScrapFreak:
I am trying to get some more of who I am into my scrapbooking.  This is about my love of...you got it....books!  The book paper has been waiting for years to be used.  I also used some Bazzill and Creative Imaginations.  The heart was made out of easy-to-use cardboard and misted with both Tattered Angels and Maya Mist. Alphas by American Crafts.  Yes, I did sew on this one & my sewing machine didn't lock up on me (thankfully).

I used Lucy's Sept. 1st My Sketch World card sketch for "You Rule."
I made "You Rule" an example for my September "Measure Up" card challenge at My Sketch World Forum.  The challenge is to use ruler paper or ribbon on a card.  The rule paper I used is at least 5 years old & I have no idea where it came from, but I distressed the heck out of it.  The other paper is MME, the stickers are Paper Trunk, Alphas by AC, and journal paper by Fancy Pants.  I even dragged out my CTMH notebook punch. 

On a side note, my baby girl went off to 6th grade this week.

Next week, my oldest heads off for her senior year.  I am sure there is more distressing in my future!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Katie!!! I love love looooove this layout! Beautiful cardboard heart and I just love the design of the whole thing and the papers! And don't those babies grow so fast???? She's a beauty like Mommy!

Hugs,
Mo

Unknown said...

Love the new projects. great layout and card. and your daughter is adorable.

Michelle said...

Lovin' how you are using your old stash and making it look new!

They grow up so fast, don't they?

Unknown said...

Katie I love, love, love your layout. I must scraplift it, sketch and theme.

Sandy H said...

Love the book layout. I laughed cause I was working on a book layout last night (challenge at divine this month). Yours looks fabulous!