Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Sequins, Stencils and Splatters!

A couple of weeks ago I shared the first card I made using stencils and splatters together. Feeling like I could really design many different cards using the same concept, I made two more birthday cards with sequins and paint splatters.  Sequins were just the perfect touch for finishing off both cards!


I mixed modeling paste with Distress Paint to create the textured base to use with the stencil in this first card.  This mixture dries quickly. I then splattered Distress Paints by spraying a small amount of the paint off of a paint brush.  Random placement of sequins gave this card just the perfect touch of bling. 

Supplies:
Core'dinations 110lb Smooth Cardstock
The Crafter's Workshop "Specimens" Stencil
Dick Blick Molding Paste
Tim Holtz Distress Paints & Archival Ink by Ranger
PaperTrey Ink Stamp
Misc Sequins

My next card was total trial and error, but oh so fun to make!  I must have thrown away three stenciled pieces before I got the feel I wanted.


To create the pie chart, I heavily covered a piece of Core'dinations 110lb Smooth Cardstock with two different colored mists.  I then used Inka Gold Metallic Rub with the stencil over the misted cardstock.  This Metallic Rub is the bomb!  Totally dries without rubbing off.  The sentiment is stamped and heat embossed onto a piece of Core'dinations Vellum. Did you know they have vellum now?  

Supplies:
Core'dinations 110lb Smooth Cardstock & Vellum
The Crafter's Workshop Pie Chart Stencil
Tattered Angels Mists
Viva Decor Gold Metallic Rub
PaperTrey Ink Stamps
Ranger Embossing Powder
Misc Sequins

3 comments:

Nitijita said...

Simple yet classic cards...I love the subtle colors that you have used..:)

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

These are gorgeous! LOVING the patterns and the sequins!!!!!

Connie Mercer said...

Beautiful!!! You can go far with this design!!