Sunday, December 2, 2012

I Triple Dog Dare You!

Today is my last design team post for Scrappy Chics.  This past month I have found myself saying goodbye to some really wonderful companies & people in the industry and keep hoping it means other just as wonderful doors will open.  

Last year, or the year before last, I told my sister we couldn't buy eachother Christmas gifts.  We had to make one another gifts instead.  Neither of us followed through, we still bought eachother a gift, but I also made Sandy the tongue-in-cheek altered frame you see in "I Triple Dog Dare You!".  The story of how, on a dare, Sandy stuck her tongue to a frozen slide, not once, but twice one winter is tucked in the envelope behind the Teresa Collins "Story" Bingo Card.  


To create "I Triple Dog Dare You," I used Scrappy Chic's December Main Kit.  It is a wonderful mix of holiday and every day papers and embellishments.  The only other supplies used were Tattered Angels Mist to color the fun snowflake chipboard from the kit and Helmar glues.  


I know that I have mentioned this before, but I struggle with doing layouts using the annual school portraits.  For a few years I didn't even buy them because I documented each school year in my own photography.  Upon Lily's request we started buying them again a few years ago.  Lucky for my scrapbooking she always takes a good photo. :)   To showcase this year's annual school portrait I again used the Scrappy Chic's December Main Kit.  


Pink!  Oh, I love this bold pink American Crafts cardstock that came in the kit!  It was the perfect background for the pretty pink patterened papers by Crate Paper and the photo of the kids from Easter.

Thank you to Melinda for having me as part of the Scrappy Chic's team for the past year!  I wish you the best of luck on all of your crafty endeavors!!!

2 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Funny... I have been saying good-bye to a few places too this year and hope it means the same for me :)

I loveeeeeeeeeeee your lo's!! They are gorgeous!! You are so inspiring to me!!

Rachel OCrowley said...

Very cute layouts! And new doors are always ready to open.