Tuesday, August 19, 2014

National Aviation Day!

You can Imagine.Dream. Fly with us today!  It is National Avation Day!   Using a variety of Core'dinaitons products I was able to create this fun card to celebrate.    


 The card base is 4.5" x 6" (my favorite size) made from Core'dinations Distress Collection.  Of course, I distressed the edges a bit with my Sand It Gadget! 


 The background is an embossed piece of Core'dinations Kraft-Core.  I sanded the embossed image down quite a bit and ran my green ink over the embossed/sanded image, leaving some of the Kraft-Core peeking through.  


To create my sentiment, I trimmed up a Smooth CoreTag to fit in the corner.  I always save the trimmed off part of my CoreTags to use on other projects.  

Tip of the day: Core'dinations Cardstock makes a sturdy base for stickers.  On my card, I adhered the cute airplane sticker to a sanded piece of the same base cardstock and then trimmed around the sticker.  

Core'dinations Supplies:
Dust Buddy

Other Supplies:
Couture Creations Embossing Folder
Ranger Archival Ink & Tim Holtz Distress Ink
Unity Stamp Co.
Fiskars Border Punch
Echo Park Sticker

3 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Gorgeous! LOVING the airplane!!!!

Connie Mercer said...

love the plane~looks awesome!! great work:)

Ava Gavloski said...

Great card Kate