Here are the steps to how I created my pretty Easter card:
1) Create a pink card base that is 4.5"w x 6"h using Core'dinations Brights Collection.
2) Cut a green mat 4.25"w x 5.75"h using Core'dinations Vintage Collection.
3) Cut a purple 4"w x 5.5"h background using Core'dinations Vintage Collection.
4) Emboss the purple background (see Step 3) using Couture Creations Cultivated Embossing Folder.
5) Sand the embossed purple background with Core'dinations Sand It Gadget. Don't forget to dust it, too!
6) Cover embossed & sanded background with VersaMark. Make sure it is completely covered!
7) Sprinkle clear embossing powder all over the VersaMark.
8) Heat emboss the powdered embossed background. This adds a lovely sheen and really makes the images from Cultivated stand out.
9) Add Couture Creations Double Sided Tape to the back of both the green mat and purple embossed background.
10) Place the green mat on the pink card base. Make sure it is evenly spaced from the edges.
11) Place the embossed purple background on top of the green mat. Again, making sure it is evenly spaced from the edges.
Next we move on to making the pretty doily...
12) Cut a 5"x5" square out of both yellow and green cardstock from Core'dinations Vintage Collection.
13) Cover the entire green 5"x5" square (see Step 12) with Couture Creations Double Sided Tape making sure not to overlap the tape.
14) Trim any over hanging tape from Step 13.
14) Die cut both the taped-up green square and the yellow square using Couture Creations Dazzling Doily. *I ran the green one through twice since it had an extra layer with the tape.
16) Peel back the tape on the green doily, leaving the intricate cuts still taped. See the picture below if you are unsure.
17) Lay the yellow doily directly over the green doily.
18) Now peel back the tape on the green doily, exposing the sticky.
19) Cover the layered doily with coarse glitter and swipe off any excess. The intricate cuts will now be filled with the glitter thanks to the double sided tape.
20) Cut a circle out of the middle of the doily.
21) Place Couture Creations Double Sided Tape around the doily, peel back the tape, and place doily on the embossed purple background leaving 1/5th of the doily hanging over.
22) Trim the 1/5th doily that is hanging over so the doily is flush with the right side of the card.
Now for some simple finishing touches....
22) Die cut a pennant out of the same pink cardstock as the cardbase.
23) Stamp sentiment onto the pink pennant.
24) Tape the stamped pennant in the very bottom of the doily on card, tucking the right side under the doily and the left side on top of the doily.
25) Glue coordinating flowers around the right side of the pennant.
26) Give card to someone for Easter and watch them smile!
Couture Creations Supplies:
Doily Dies Fantasia Collection: Dazling
Cultivated Embossing Folder
Double Sided Tape
Core Essentails Dark Collection 12" x 12"
Vintage Collection 6" x 6"
Sand It Gadget
Ranger VersaMark & Archival Ink
Martha Steward Coarse Glitter
Stampendous Pearl Embossing Powder
Wishing much luck to those in Round 2 of Couture Creations DT Auditions!!!
I hope you enjoyed a bit of early Easter!