Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Beautiful Butterfly Birthday Card

Hello! Even though this is my last Guest Designer post for CropStop, it will not be the last of me using this fantastic stamping, embossing and die-cutting Butterfly Notes Collection by Couture Creations.  It is so versatile!  


My 4.5" x 6" card base is made with Core'diantions Cardstock.  I corner rounded the top left corner and sanded the base with my Core'dinations Sand It Gadget.  Don't forget to use the Dust Buddy after sanding! 


I stamped the Couture Creations image with Ranger Archival Ink onto Core'dinations 110lb paper.  The intricate stamp stamped beautifully! I spritz the image with yellow and purple mist and embossed it with the cooredinating embossing folder. I did this while the mist was still a tad damp causing the embossing to pop just a little bit more.  


Adding a mat of Core'dinations Cardstock and some patterned paper to my stamped image pulled in the colors a bit more.  I finished the card off by stamping my sentiment and adding some purple burlap string and brads.  

CropStop Supplies:
Couture Creations: Butterfly Notes Collection
Couture Creations Double Sided Tape: 18mm x 50m
Core'dinations Cardstock
Burlap String: Purple
Doodlebug Mini Brads: Lilac
Ranger Archival Ink: Jet Black

Other Supplies:
Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist
Kelly Purkey Stamp

If you look through my posts for January, each Wednesday I have shared a card made with this collection.  I hope you have enjoyed the variety of cards I have shared and have found some inspiration. 
~Kate

3 comments:

Micupoftea said...

Nice techniques :)

Natasha said...

Gorgeous card, love the purple and the butterfly of course, tfs. Hugs xnx

Anonymous said...

This a gorgeous birthday card Katie. I like that you only rounded the 1 corner and that stamping and misting well it look amazing. Thanks for stopping by my blog.