Wednesday, July 18, 2012

A Day Late....

...but not a dollar short! 
Yesterday was my dear friend's birthday.
Kelly & I have been friends since college. 
It never fails that every year when her birthday comes around life keeps me from
making that important "It is your BIRTHDAY'" phone call.
I intended to make this post yesterday.  
The stars didn't align. 
 Last night my internet went down while doing my Helmar Live Ustream class.  
So here I am.
A day late again.  

Happy Belated Birthday, Kel!


I created this multi-media birthday card for Kelly.
I gave it to her last weekend, so at least that isn't late! :)

The base of the design is done on Claudine Hellmuth's Sticky Back Canvas.
I cut a 4.25" by 5.75" piece of the canvas and started designing. 
Lots of Helmar Decoupage helped to keep the canvas stiff and protected.

I'll be honest.  I am pretty happy with how this card turned out
and am glad that my vision was as pretty as the outcome.
There are definitely more multi-media canvas cards in my future! 

1 comment:

Jackie said...

Really cute idea :)