Thursday, June 21, 2012

We Love Shrek!

 Lil' Man had his 1st birthday last month. 
Kass wanted to have a Shrek themed party for him.
We Love Shrek!

(don't you just love the drooly photo?)

Chase is wearing a fabulous Shrek hat by Maria of Expert Craftss.

In our house, Shrek is quoted all the time so I printed out some of our favorite
Shrek quotes in a Shrek font.  I also printed out "Happy Birthday" in the same 
font to create a banner.


To create the quote table tents and banner I used lots of Helmar Craft & Hobby PVA Glue
and Bazzil Cardstock.  Both are perfect for all the paper to paper gluing that needs to be done! 

You can see my assembly line process I used to whip these all up.  
(Coffee was needed!)


I found some marshmellow Shrek heads (think Circus Peanut Candy) at the Christmas Tree Shops that were the finishing touch for the birthday banner. I attached the heads to the banner with Helmar 450 Quick Dry Adhesive.   


We decorated our own little forest for his party. 
This is the cake and food table.  


Can you "I spy" the Shrek gift bag I made?  I used Helmar Quick Fix Adhesive for the paper and 450 Quick Dry for the ribbon on the bag. 

You can see where I randomly placed the Shrek quote table tents. 


Chase was so excited for cake!


I have to tell you all, Chase ate his cake delicately at first.  Then he realized frosting is fantastic! 


Cake for everyone! 

2 comments:

Heidi said...

This is fabulous! What a great grandma!

Heidi said...

This is fabulous! What a great grandma!