Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Crepe Paper Challenge

This week's challenge at Scrap Tiffany is crepe paper!

I love all the fun colors and edging on the Jenni Bowlin crepe paper.  It makes fun borders and flowers.
For my DT layout I made a crepe flower (navy blue in right corner), created a double layered crepe border (pink), and a little crepe tie (tied around the stick pins). I also used this week's Sketchy Thursdays sketch for my layout.

 

Here is an up close of my flower and double border:

The Scrap Tiffany DT created some fabulous projects to inspire you with crepe paper & there will be more DT examples on Friday.  I heard that today is a crepe paper flower tutorial today, too. You'll want to check it out!  

8 comments:

Jackie said...

fabulous job on the flower, it doesn't even look like crepe paper :)

Kristina said...

Love this layout Katie, the flower is fabulous!

becca said...

this is too cute! Im with Jackie, doesnt even look like crepe paper, looks very nice!

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous! Beautiful photo and I love the colors!
Thank you so much for playing along with us at Sketchy Thursdays!

lisa said...

Lovely page : )

Keshet said...

This is really cute--stunning photo! Thanks for joining the fun at Sketchy Thursdays this week!!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

This is GORGEOUS! I love love love love the photo and loving that flower! Thanks sooooooooooooooooooooo much for playing along with Sketchy Thursdays! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Diana Fisher said...

Love the trinket pins and the extra layers of the scallop border!! :)