Wednesday, August 4, 2010

My Favorite Childhood Activities Mini

Warning: Long Post (but I think it will be worth it!)

Jessica Bree from scrapfreak is hosting a wonderful project class
this month called Cherished Memories.  She asked me to 
create a example project for this class, which I gladly did
because her classes are always memory and thought  provoking.
Jessica Bree is posting a topic a day for 10 days.  There is also a
envelope/pocket mini element for this class.  Each topic
has wonderful prompts and examples by scrapfreak members 
and Jessica Bree that include an envelope/pocket mini.

My Prompt for the class was activities.  I chose a mini format so I could include the tidbits of my childhood activities that I always share with my children. I love telling them about how my sister and I spent summer days riding our bikes to the local pool or that I LOVED to read to escape every day life or how my family played Monopoly every Christmas day. This project puts all those little gems in one simple place.


To make this mini I used some coffee sleeves, covered them with some polka dotted paper and then embellished each with the activity title/season and some simple touches like buttons or rubons. The coffee sleeves were perfect for including my hidden journaling. The hidden journaling spots were just cut out of textured bazzill & lined cardstock. I added embellishments on the top of each journaling spot so they wouldn't slide all the way in the sleeves. 



I set the mini up so that it could be read from either side, so both covers were embellished with the same title. The covers are made from Hambly transparencies from my stash. I bound the covers and sleeves with my Bind-it-All. I could easily add more coffee sleeves if I wanted to add to this album in the future.






I hope you have enjoyed this little mini.
I sure had a lot of fun making it!


7 comments:

Jackie said...

Really cute :)

Cheryl Boglioli said...

Wow, that did come out fabulous. I love how the colors really pop on that background and I am SOOO glad you shared pics of the whole thing and some of your details. This is definitely a keeper.

D said...

So pretty!!!! What a fabulous idea for a mini :)

Unknown said...

i LOVE this! the colors...the girly...awesome mini!!!

Sandy H said...

omg that is sooo freaking cute!!! love the bright colors. :) and yes, mom does love me more :) haha!

Savahanna said...

Wow what a gorgeous mini. I love the colors. And what a great idea. Our kids love to hear stories from when we were young

Carla said...

Fabulous job DARLING!