Sunday, September 29, 2013

The Blues Brothers

If you follow the Core'dinations Blog, you will have noticed that they are sharing some Halloween projects this week.  Halloween is one of my favorite times of year!  The Halloween layout I am sharing today shows a fun way to use Core’dinations Kraft-Core Seasonal Impressions as a fantastic background.


To make the words POP on the background, I not-so-gently sanded all the words on the Halloween Seasonal Impressions Cardstock and then added some chalk.  I really wanted the Kraft-Core to absorb the color in the orange and blue Chalking Inks so giving it a good sanding is the key.


The title work was super easy!  I cut the title out of a 4.25″ x 5.5″ piece of Black Magic with my Cricut and then sanded it like crazy so the blue background would play on the title.

Next time you are creating a seasonal layout grab some of the Kraft-Core Seasonal Impressions!

Core’dinations Supplies:
12 x12 Kraft-Core Seasonal Impressions
4.25 x 5.5 Black Magic
Sand It Gadget
Dust Buddy
Other Supplies:
Quick Quotes Chalking Ink
Dymo
American Crafts Thickers
Making Memories & October Afternoon Brads

4 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Love love love love this!! LOVING those photos and that background!!!!

Ava Gavloski said...

very cool layout Katie, you really worked the core so well, i need to get right in and experiment to get the projects that you create!! Thanks for stopping by for the cheer on my blog, appreciated.

dstandard said...

Love your page - love the coloring on it. This is one of my favorite lines and can't wait to use it when I hit one of the Seasons!

Vicki said...

Love! This LO rocks, Katie!!!