It is always a good time of year to use Patriotic colors on a card, don't you think? This time of year is especially perfect. The card I am sharing today is a general card that can be used for many events; birthday, graduation, retirement, 4th of July. Really, any reason you have to celebrate is a reason to give this card.
I love the rich red and blues of the Core'dinations Darks Cardstock used in this card and the White Glove CoreCouture Glitter Cardstock just "pops" against the matte blue & red.
Here are some basic instructions to make this card:
- Create a card base, A2 size, made out of Red Rose Core'dinations Cardstock.
- Cut a piece of White Glove CoreCouture Glitter Cardstock to 4" x 5.25". Glue to card base.
- Deboss a piece of Navy Cardstock from the 4.25 x 5.5" Darks collection and layer it on top of the white mat. I used Craft Concepts Solid Stars embossing folder for this card.
- Die cut 3 larger stars in different sizes and 2 small stars out of the Red Rose cardstock leftover from making the base of the card. I used Sizzix Star Framelits.
- Score each large star at each point.
6. Crimp the stars along the scored lines to give them a 3-D effect.
7. Die cut a label shape out of the White Glove CoreCouture Glitter Cardstock, trim the bottom of
it so it will be flush with the White Glove mat already on the card.
8. Stamp the sentiment on the label you die cut in #7. I used Spellbinders Label 4.
9. Add the stars and sentiment label to the card using 3-D foam. I used Helmar Zapdots.
10. Give to someone. This card is bound to brighten anyone's day!
If you pop over to the Core'dinations Blog today you will find this card with a bit of distressing to show off the core in the Core'dinations.
Core'dinations 12x12 Darks - Red Rose
Core'dinations 4.25 x 5.5 Darks - Navy
CoreCouture Glitter 6x6 - White Gloves
Scor-Buddy by Score-Pal
Spellbinders & Sizzix Dies
Stampin' Up! Stamp