Thursday, May 16, 2013

May Club Q Projects


Happy Wednesday! When I got my May Club Q package from Quick Quotes, I got right to scrapping.  I couldn't help it with all the fun papers and embellishment in each kit!  Starting with one of the two double page layout kits in the Page Layout Kits, I created two beach themed layouts and one fun card.

My goal today is to add a bit of bright color and summer fun to your day!


My first layout is "Fall Beach Day."  If you look closely there are beautiful fall leaves on the trees in the background. I used the brightly colored papers in the kit to build this layout.  To create the title spot, I trimmed down the vellum beach transparency and swiped the backside of it with some Powder Puff Chalking Ink in Coconut. Then I adhered the altered vellum to the striped paper.


This kit is full of fantastic laser die cuts, too!  I left the wave die cut unfinished, but I added color to the starfish and sea shell die cuts with Powder Puff Chalking Inks in Lemonade and Biscotti.


"Summer Days" is my second layout with this Club Q kit. I used the transparency to accent the photo of my lovely Lily on the beach and as the title for this summer layout.  Creating a block design made it easy to incorporate the word strips and spots.


The fun scalloped border was created by snipping the plastic circle embellisments in half.  


There was lots of paper and embellishments left over when I was done with my two beach layouts, so I kept on creating.  The fun glasses die cuts in the kit inspired me to make this card.  I just love the yellow/teal color combo!  The sentiment was stamped on some of the leftover paper with Quick Quotes Powder Puff Chalking Ink in Maraschino Cherry. 

Quick Quotes Supplies:
Powder Puff Chalking Ink - Coconut WhiteLemonadeBiscottiMarischino Cherry

Other Supplies:
JilliBean Soup - Alphas
We R Memory Keepers - Corner Rounder
October Afternoon - Buttons
The Twinery - Twine
Paper Trey Ink - Cardstock
Memory Makers - Alpha Stamps
Memory Box - Alpha Die

I hope I made your day a bit brighter!  
Kate

8 comments:

Vicki said...

Fabulous LOs and cards, Katie! Your work is always inspiring!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Wowwwwwwwwww! These are gorgeous!! LOVING the bright, bold colors!!

Joan Ervin said...

What awesome layouts...the colors and papers are all so bright and happy and I love all the fun, beachy details!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Both of the layouts and the card are beautiful. I love the bright colors and bold designs you used. I'm going to subscribe to your blog and look forward to seeing more of your creations.

wendipooh13 said...

super fun summery pages, makes me ready for the beach!!! LOVE the cute card, the glasses rock!!!

Anita said...

What fun layouts! I love the way you placed the u's in the glasses.

Unknown said...

Love all the fabulous bright colors and that card with the glasses is adorable!

D said...

Love this gorgeous, vividly colored pages!!! They just scream summer fun :) The chalked, beach vellum word is fabulous too.