Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Maine Maple Saturday

Today I am sharing a bit of Maine tradition.  
Each March in Maine many local farms participate in Maine Maple Weekend. 
This past Saturday we made a detour on our way to tumbling to enjoy some of this Maple goodness. 

Cheryl and I outside Harris Farm in Dayton, Maine.
 We were waiting in line for whole-wheat pancakes with real Maine maple syrup.

Lily enjoying her pancakes, syrup and yummy coffee milk.  
The milk is from Harris Farm, too.

The Sugarhouse. I couldn't help but call this a "sugar shack."

Hannah, Lily and Bai inside the Sugarhouse. 
This is a huge vat of syrup in the making.

A bucket tap hanging from an old Maple tree to collect sap.

Cheryl and Lily eating our favorite Maple snack of the morning.
Maple Donuts!  They were hot and yummy. 

Thank you for joining me on my little detour from paper crafting today!
You want some Maine Maple Syrup now, don't you?  

4 comments:

jaydee said...

Kate, what fabulous photos. I loved the sap being collected in the tree! Now... you got me wanting pancakes!!!!
hugs
jaydee

wendipooh13 said...

ohhhh how fun!!! what a great tradition and those donuts look yummy!!!

Anonymous said...

Yes, I do! That looks like a lovely time!!! xo Evie

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

How fun!! LOVING all the photos!!!