Saturday, September 25, 2010

Scrapping for Me!

   I enjoyed my quiet Friday yesterday.  I didn't have a project due, a card to be made, or a gift that "has to be done today," so I worked on some challenges from sites that I love to visit. 

"We Love You"
 Cherie is a Guest Designer for Sketches 4 All Back to School Sketch-a-thon this month.  I used her sketch to create a monochromatic layout that fits a challenge at both My Sketch World and ScrapFreak.
I used my Nestabilities Dahlia dies to make the flower, lots of glitter on the foam heart, and distressing throughout.  

"Clay Mill"
For "Clay Mill," I used a sketch (below) that Cherie whipped up yesterday for the TGIF crop at ScrapFreak. It was just too fabulous not to share, so we have posted the surprise sketch on Sassy Lil' Sketches as a bonus for September.  You have until Oct 5th to upload your layout to be eligible for the September prizes.  Check out Sassy Lil' Sketches for details!

Supply list for "We Love You":
Cardstock - Bazzill
Alphas - ColorBok
Stick Pin - Making Memories
Pearls - Queen & Co.
Heart - American Crafts
Coarse Glitter - Martha Stewart

Supply list for "Clay Mill":
Cardstock - Bazzill, Core'dinations
Rubons- TLC, 7Gypsies
Buttons - Jenni Bowlin

6 comments:

Jackie said...

Don't you just love to scrap for yourself? I love the flower with the heart :)

Brenda said...

How wonderful to have time for you! Both layouts are fabulous. I love that dahlia flower!

D said...

Katie, your layouts are wonderful!!! You rocked Cherie's sketches :) I love the row of circles with bling on your monochromatic layout. Those are so hard to so, but yours looks incredible!

Unknown said...

Both layouts are beautiful. Love the monochromatic.

Unknown said...

oh i love these layouts! so happy you had some scrappy time for yourself! if you get more, AAM is giving away some Lucky Girl Crafts goodness if you participate in the September challenges! i love the white one sooo much....and the colors in the second one....soooooo cool!

Scrapenabler said...

Love your layouts! I am so looking forward to having some time to scrap...